Saturday, October 11, 2008

… Celebrating SILVER day in Chicago …

Friday night, just before I went to sleep and my birthday ends in Philippine time zone, Pete called me and told me that he is waiting downstairs to pick me up. What a surprise! So I immediately packed all the things I needed for the whole weekend because for sure I’m gonna stay there . When we arrived at Pete’s home , he asked me if I can troubleshoot his computer. HAHAHA…So Kuya Pete , you picked me up at my apartment in the middle of the night just to fix your computer stuffs… I’m so touched ..hahaha…I’m just kiddin. So after 4 hours of escalating all the resources I need and debugging all the computer problems, it’s time to take a rest. It’s already 4:00am…waaaahhh…I need to reserve my energy for my birthday.
I woke up around 7:30am and my bed still pulling me down. I’m so lazy and I don’t want to stand up but I need to prepare coz I received a text message from Jun that he 'll probably be coming around 9am. Ok , I have no choice. I need to energize these sleepy veins. After preparing myself, I waited for almost 3 hours, what a heck!!! I get up in bed early just to wait for you for almost 3 hours. GRrrrr.

I have no idea how my birthday celebration here in USA goes. Coz usually when I celebrate my birthday in Philippines, I just prepare some foods and of course, a truck of booze…hahaha…I want every guest to get drunk and hammered. That’s it. But here, come what may.

When Jun arrived , we immediately went to the stores to buy some pizzas, chicken, cake and sodas to celebrate my birthday at their house. But I almost forgot that tomorrow is Tatay Nono’s birthday. WOW…double celebration. Mimi also bought a cake for us. Thanks a lot Mimi.

After we celebrated Tatay Nono and my birthday , we went to Milwaukee to attend Danny’s birthday. I have a lot of birthday celebrations..hahaha.. During Danny’s party, Ate Hope told everyone that it's also my birthday so they sang a Birthday song for me…WOW… I teased and asked them “by the way where’s my cake with candle? I'm supposed to have a cake"...hahaha…coz today is my birthday...

After all those birthday celebrations Kuya Pete decided to go to Excalibur, the famous disco bar here in Chicago. COOL!!! I like that idea, coz it’s almost a year since the last time I attended a disco party. I can’t imagine what kind of disco bar they have here in US that’s why I’m really excited what’s gonna happen.

Before we went to Excalibur we took a power nap coz I have no more energy and it’s too early to go to the bar. Then we woke up around 9:30pm. We dropped off Ate Hope at her office and picked up Levi before we go to Excalibur.

At the entrance door, there were lots of yuppies chatting while smoking. Ok this is It. This is the bar I imagined earlier. Overcrowded but underdressed. Hahaha… We tried to inquire how much is the entrance fee, and they told me that the place has a tree levels. COOL…so 10 bucks for the 1 st level, 20 for the 2 nd and 35 for the last. Expensive? No its ok coz it’s my birthday. Hehehe

Before we enter the bar we decided to have some booze at Hardrock café. It’s only a block away from Excalibur. When we got there, Mr. Hell entertained us. He’s a Johnny Depp waiter look-alike. We teased him by asking where are the other pirates" …hahaha… They also told Mr. Hell that we’re celebrating my birthday so he immediately asked me what kind of shot I want. He told me, he will give me a free shot coz it’s my birthday. Great! So I said give me your best and hard shot. Hehehe

After he took our orders, he brought me the shot and I asked him what kind of shot it is. He whispered “its liquid cocaine” …bwahahaha… This will electrify all my nerves…hahaha.. Before I take the shot he invited me to go upstairs in front of all the guests inside the bar. He shouted extremely to get everyone's attention. Mr. Hell, are you insane? Hehehe. I know you just need a sense of humor to get their attention. Isn’t this an awkward moment? Well, who cares, I don’t know them but I was amazed coz they also sang a Birthday song for me. WOW! I will never forget this. Thanks Mr. Hell for this memorable moment.
Let’s go to the next destination. Upon entering Excalibur, you can see some guests taking their privacy at the corner of the room. It's not a peculiar sight for me coz this is a free country. Everyone is free to do whatever they want. So we headed our way on a nearby table to have some booze and then we dance all night while drinking. That was a great experience. We had a great time at the party.

My SILVER day becomes GOLD night.

1 comment:

House of Onika said...

Hello. We're a blogger from the Philippines. Hope you can do us a little favor by announcing or mentioning our giveaway on your blog. Here it is: http://www.houseofonika.com/2010/05/house-of-onika-giveaway-with-csn-online.html

Better yet, why don't you join?

Thanks a lot!